How are users of this website expected to behave?
Your use of this site is not solely for your own purposes. Parts of this site may include interaction with other people. By visiting this website, users agree to adhere to certain standards of interactive conduct. These standards apply to use of interactive features including but not limited to discussion groups, calendar listings, news, blog comments and email to addresses contained in this website.
In any interaction with this website, visitors agree to refrain from:
- using language that can be generally construed as offensive, derogatory, judgmental, demeaning or humiliating
- “flaming” or “spamming” or any practice that floods an individual with unwanted or derogatory communication
- comments, statements or terminology that can be construed as disparaging towards another’s race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, immigration status, presumed ideology (e.g., “conservative” or “liberal”), or religious affiliation
- linking to offensive sites, including those that are pornographic, racist or which advocate violence or prejudice against any group or individuals
- disclosing private information about others, including but not limited to personal email addresses, phone numbers, and/or physical location
- attacking or undermining another’s reputation or good name through misinformation, libel, slander or spreading of unsubstantiated rumors.
- use of copyrighted or trademarked material from this site without permission
- using contact information contained on the website to contact students, staff, parents or other constituencies for non-Jesuit related activities or business without written consent from Jesuit
Jesuit High School retains the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or block communications from anyone whom it determines to be detrimental to the mission of the school, whether or not such communications violate the prohibitions enumerated above. Such action by Jesuit High School is not meant to disparage the intent, faith, character, or reputation of individuals whose communications are removed or blocked.
If any violation of the above standards represents, indicates or suggests an intent or threat to break the law, the violator’s information, including ISP and IP address, will be provided to the appropriate law enforcement agencies. Although they may not use site features, hackers who interfere with the operation of the Jesuit High School site or obtain information from the site without permission or spammers who harvest e-mail addresses from this site are also subject to criminal prosecution.
Exclusion of Warranties and Reservation of Rights
Jesuit High School follows accepted standards in regard to information technology but cannot warrant that the website will operate error-free or that this website, its server or its content are free of computer viruses or similar contamination or destructive features. If your use of the website or the content results in the need for service or replacing equipment or data, Jesuit High School will not be responsible for those costs.
Jesuit High School also follows industry standards regarding transmissions of information made via the website, its content, or its server but cannot warrant that such transactions are fully secure. Jesuit High School will not be responsible for theft or misappropriation of information transmitted via this website, its content or its server (for example, through identity theft or credit card fraud).
IN NO EVENT WILL JESUIT HIGH SCHOOL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABLILTY TO USE THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF JESUIT HIGH SCHOOL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Some states do not allow exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. In such states, the liability of Jesuit High School shall be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Copyrights and Trademarks
Jesuit High School owns the content (software, text, graphics, images and other material) on this website or uses it through arrangements with other entities. The content is protected by copyright and unauthorized use of the content may violate copyright, trademark or other laws. No use other than that permitted under this agreement is acceptable without prior written consent from Jesuit High School. No content on this website may be used for a commercial or public purpose. Posting of content from this website on other sites or networks is strictly prohibited.
The trademarks, service marks and logos of Jesuit High School used on this website also belong to Jesuit High School and may not be used without prior written permission of Jesuit High School specifically for each use. The trademarks, service marks and logos may not be used to disparage Jesuit High School or any third party or in any manner which could damage the good will of the marks or logos. Any good will generated by the approved use of trademarks, service marks or logos inures to the benefit of Jesuit High School.
This website may contain links to third-party websites which are provided as a convenience to users and do not constitute an endorsement by Jesuit High School of the links or their content. Likewise, Jesuit High School cannot be responsible for the accuracy of the content on external sites nor for destructive programs that may be on these sites. Any access of external links is done at the user’s own risk.