Photos courtesy of The Oregonian's Ben Ludeman.
In order: Emma Treasure '18, Sam Handley '18, Ella Smith '20, Peter Murphy '20.
On June 20, 2018, Nike nominated nine of Jesuit's student-athletes for the Oregon Sports Awards. For more than 60 years, the prestigious award has celebrated phenomenal achievements made by athletes in Oregon, ranging from high school to professional levels. Four of Jesuit's nine nominees won the award in soccer, lacrosse, and tennis categories.
"Jesuit High School is honored to have nine students nominated as finalists for this prestigious award, and we offer a special congratulations to the four winners," said Athletic Director Mike Hughes. "This recognition is a testament to these students' hard work, determination, fortitude, leadership, dedication, and courage."
We congratulate the following student-athletes for their outstanding performance in athletics:
- Emma Treasure '18 – Prep Girls Soccer Player of the Year
- Sam Handley '18 – Prep Boys Lacrosse Player of the Year
- Ella Smith '20 – Prep Girls Lacrosse Player of the Year
- Peter Murphy '20 – Prep Boys Tennis Player of the Year
- Trey Lowe '18 – Prep Football Player of the Year Nominee
- Joshua Schumacher '18 – Prep Boys Cross Country Runner of the Year Nominee
- Makenna Schumacher '19 – Prep Girls Cross Country Runner of the Year Nominee
- Farida Abdelmoneum '20 – Prep Girls Tennis Player of the Year Nominee
- Trent Martinez '19 – Prep Boys Swimmer of the Year Nominee