The office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is run by Director Amanda Montez and Assistant DEI Director Brenda Cruz Jaimes.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Jesuit High School is committed to having a student body and faculty that represents and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We promote and encourage critical thinking, dialogue, understanding, and awareness. Jesuit embraces and is inclusive of ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic, sexual orientation, religious and other diversity. Such diversity broadens our student and faculty educational experiences.
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Office sits down with current Jesuit students to discuss culture, heritage, identity and more in our Faces of Jesuit article series.
Explore extensive resources on a variety of DEI and social justice issues. We encourage you to read and utilize these resources from our partners in faith and mission.
Our Board of Trustees, in coordination with our Jesuit Leadership Team and our Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, has identified five key Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategic Initiatives for 2020-21 and Beyond.
- Diversity & Inclusion Student Council (DISC)
- South Asian Culture Club
- Young Women of Color (YWC)
- Asian Student Union (ASU)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Latino Student Union (LSU)
- Gender Sexuality Alliance (GSA)
- Chinese Culture Club
- Jewish Student Union
- Arab American Club
Student clubs meet 1-2 times per month
- September 15 to October 15 - Hispanic Heritage Month
- October - Filipino American History Month
- October - LGBTQIA+ History Month
- November - Native American Heritage Month
- February - Black History Month
- March - Women's History Month
- April - Arab-American Heritage Month
- May - Asian-American/Pacific American Heritage Month
- June - Pride Month