The JHS Science Department offers courses of study designed to familiarize students with current methods, concepts, and achievements in science. Science is presented as a dynamic process of inquiry, hypothesis, problem-solving, and critical analysis. In presenting its curriculum, the department seeks to achieve the following goals:
- To develop the students’ ability to reason analytically and quantitatively;
- To involve students in the scientific mode of inquiry: a cycle of reflection, hypothesis, prediction, trial and evaluation;
- To acquaint students with the fascinating study of the physical and biological world, and
- To promote and assist students’ discovery and pursuit of individual scientific interests.
To explore Science courses at JHS, click HERE.
JHS students Dev Udata, Rupert Li, and Mithra Karamchedu at the 2019 NWSE.
- Physics or Physics Honors
- Chemistry or Chemistry Honors
- Honors Biology (Dual Credit)
- Biology (AP)
- Chemistry (AP)
- Environmental Science (H)
- Physics: Electricity + Magnetism (AP)
- Physics: Mechanics (AP)