Over 60 Years of Tradition
In late August of 1955, Fr. Dan Lyons S.J. was scouting a location for the construction of what would be only the second Catholic high school in Portland. Lyons (who would eventually become the school’s first development director) hired a pilot to fly him low over the undeveloped fields lining Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway. Almost right away, he spotted the perfect spread of land: a dairy farm sprawling out along the south side of the highway. The ground breaking ceremony took place on April 10, 1956, commencing construction on the site where Jesuit High School continues to stand (and expand) today.