- Position Opening: Health/PE Teacher (Application Deadline: May 3, 2021)
- Position Opening: Part-Time DeSmet Business Office Receptionist (Application Deadline: May 3, 2021)
- Position Opening: Christian Service Associate Director (Application Deadline - Until Filled)
- Position Opening: Theology Teacher (Application Deadline: Until Filled)
Position Opening: .8 (4/5) FTE Health/PE Teacher
Major Responsibilities: Teach 4 sections of Health and/or PE
Qualifications: Passion for and experience in teaching high school Health and Physical Education, with a focus on a comprehensive Sophomore Health & Wellness curriculum. Expertise in a variety of Health topics, taught through a Catholic moral lens. We are looking for an educator with well-developed strategies for supporting struggling students, and the ability to achieve rapport with a terrific, diverse array of students.
Application Deadline: May 3, 2021
Starting Date: August, 2021
Position Opening: Part-Time DeSmet Business Office Receptionist
Position Summary: We are seeking a positive, self-motivated individual to join our DeSmet Business Office. The ideal candidate would create a welcoming presence for Jesuit High School and would provide assistance to the DeSmet Business Office staff, including the President, VP for Development, VP for Communications and Public Affairs, Alumni Director, Development Officers, and the Treasurer’s Office
Administrative and Security Support
- Provide daily phone and office reception for the DeSmet Business Office.
- Manage first line security at the DeSmet building entrance.
- Authorize all entry to the DeSmet Business Office by using intercom and external video camera.
- Report all suspicious activity within the proximity of DeSmet building to Campus Security Director.
- Maintain and order all office supplies and other department needs for the DeSmet Business Office.
- Coordinate mail distribution for the DeSmet Business Office and the Dieringer School Office. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Posting all outgoing mail and taking time-sensitive mail to the post office, if necessary
- Scheduling Fed/Ex mailing delivery and pick-ups, as needed
- Opening incoming mail and sort. Log all incoming check and distribute checks to the Treasurer’s Office or the Database Administrator, as appropriate.
- Monitor postage meters and record expenditures. If necessary, request funds to ensure there is sufficient postage available for the various accounts on campus, especially for bulk mailings.
- Complete monthly usage reports
- Assist with bulk mailings, including folding, stuffing, labeling, sorting, and preparing bulk mailings for delivery to the post office.
DeSmet Business Office Support
- Provide support as noted in the Jesuit High School Crisis Response Plan.
- Secure and train an adequate number of volunteers to cover the DeSmet Business Office reception desk during possible vacations days and/or other times when the front desk cannot be covered by staff receptionists.
- Provide support for the VP of Communications and Public Affairs as needed.
- Provide support for the Executive Assistant in the President’s Office as needed.
- Provide support for the President as needed.
- Provide assistance for meetings on campus.
- Provide support for the DeSmet Office as needed, including assisting with special events and projects.
- Distribute and monitor yearbooks given to recent Jesuit High School graduates.
- Perform daily maintenance for the DeSmet Business Office kitchen and reception area.
General Department and School Responsibilities
- Support the mission of Jesuit High School in all situations.
- Perform all duties with professionalism and confidentiality.
- Perform all duties in collaboration with co-workers in a shared receptionist workspace.
- Attend staff meetings, in-services, and relevant committee meetings.
- Participate in school events as appropriate.
- Provide assistance to the Admissions Office, as needed, especially with eighth grade visitors.
- Provide support for the Jesuits residing in Canisius community, as needed.
- Maintain plants located in the Canisius Chapel.
- Ensure that the Canisius Chapel remains organized and tidy throughout the work week.
- Manage the candles used in the Grotto and ensure there is an adequate supply of candles.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in office management software and management, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs/Sheets.
- Aptitude to learn Raiser’s Edge and PowerSchool systems
- Collaborative work ethic with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to facilitate multiple tasks with a variety of deadlines.
- Attention to detail in all work tasks.
- Must be self-motivated and driven.
- Exhibits values consistent with the mission of a Catholic, Jesuit institution.
Application Deadline: Monday, May 3, 2021 (5 PM PST)
To Apply: Applications for this position must be completed electronically via email.
Please send a resume and two references with current phone number and e-mail addresses, to:Diane Salzman Vice President for Development Jesuit High School 9000 Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy Portland, OR 97225 Telephone: 503-291-5497 E-mail: email@example.com
Position Opening: 1.0 FTE Christian Service Associate Director
Major Responsibilities: Serve as key member of Christian Service program
Qualifications: We are seeking a collaborative mission-centered servant-leader. The Associate Director must have experience with immersive service and teenagers, be a clear, honest communicator, and be available for occasional weekend and summer immersion experiences. Spanish language skills and teaching experience preferred.
Application Deadline: Until filled
Start Date: August 13, 2021
Position Opening: 1.0 FTE Theology Teacher
Major Responsibilities: Teach five sections of Theology
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Theology from Catholic college or university, or equivalent. Applicants for this position must be practicing Catholics. Teaching experience working with high school age students strongly preferred.
Application Deadline: Until filled
Starting Date: August 18, 2021