Position Opening: Marketing and Communications Specialist
Marketing and Communications
- Manage the school's social media accounts. Maintain and execute an active and ongoing social media communication strategy and collaborate with other school content creators.
- Conduct regular social media analyses and provide/present summary reports.
- Build and execute a content strategy (with detailed calendar) of engaging and relevant content for various audiences across all media types.
- Administer digital marketing tools -- build emails, newsletters and create email marketing content and design for all areas of the school, including admissions, fundraising, alumni relations, and the Spirit Store.
- Provide analytics and a complete understanding of the effectiveness of digital campaigns.
- Make ongoing updates and manage the school's website pages in coordination with the Communications Office. Also includes generating and posting online news articles, writing web copy, photo editing, and webpage layout to enhance user experience.
- Maintain a working knowledge of social media and digital communication trends, applications, and best practices.
- Edit content produced by other members of the organization to drive consistency across the school's brand, voice, and messaging.
- Strategize and collaborate on fundraising initiatives and campaigns, including creating and executing marketing plans.
- Assist with managing and providing content for the Spirit Store, including photo uploads, content management, and periodic review of site to ensure it is current/timely.
- Manage the school's digital presence on Google, Wikipedia, Niche.com nd other web-based search and review sites in coordination with the Communications Office.
- Write, edit and design for the Age Quod Agis magazine, admissions marketing materials, brochures, and other publications and marketing materials as assigned.
General Departmental and School Responsibilities:
- Provide additional support for the Communications Office as needed.
- Attend staff meetings and relevant committee meetings as needed.
- Participate in Jesuit school events as it relates to supporting the position's role and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree (in marketing, digital marketing, journalism, content production, or similar preferred) and/or equivalent experience.
- At least 2-4 years of experience in digital marketing across a host of platforms.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics.
- Experience with SEO and digital paid advertising is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills. Ability to write in different formats for email, video, media, website, Q&A docs, PowerPoint slide decks, etc.
- Proven work experience planning and executing a digital marketing campaign.
- Digital fluency - bring ideas for better ways to connect digitally with audiences.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms, and creative web-based media software. Proficient in all areas of Microsoft Office.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with social media and emerging communication platforms.
- Collaborative work ethic and strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Strong project/time management and demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks with deadlines.
- Values consistent with the mission of a Catholic, Jesuit institution.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Please email your resume and letter of interest to Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs Erika Tuenge at email@example.com.