Position Opening: Communications Manager
Marketing and Communications
- Build, manage and execute a communications strategy with a detailed calendar of engaging and relevant content for various audiences across all media types.
- Manage media relations, prepare press releases and help coordinate public relations campaigns/initiatives.
- Administer digital marketing tools - build emails, newsletters and create email marketing content and design for all areas of the school, including admissions, fundraising, alumni relations, and the Spirit Store.
- Update and manage the school’s website pages in coordination with the Communications Office. Also includes generating and posting online news articles, writing web copy, photo editing, and webpage layout to enhance user experience.
- Write, edit, design and manage the planning, execution and production of the Age Quod Agis magazine, admissions marketing materials, brochures, and other publications and marketing materials as assigned.
- Maintain a working knowledge of communication, marketing and public relations trends, applications, and best practices.
- Edit content produced by other members of the organization to drive consistency across the school’s brand, voice, and messaging.
- Strategize and collaborate on fundraising initiatives and campaigns, including creating and executing marketing plans.
- Assist with managing the school’s digital presence on Google, Wikipedia, Niche.com and other web-based search and review sites in coordination with the Communications Office.
- Assist with maintaining and executing an active and ongoing social media communication strategy and collaborate with other school content creators.
General Departmental and School Responsibilities
- Provide additional support for the Communications Office as needed.
- Attend staff meetings and relevant committee meetings as needed.
- Participate in Jesuit school events as it relates to supporting the position’s role
- and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree (in marketing, communications, digital marketing, journalism, content production, or similar preferred) and/or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of post-graduate experience in the marketing and communications field
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and an eye for design
- Strong project/time management and demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks with deadlines
- Collaborative work ethic with strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Digital fluency – bring ideas for better ways to connect digitally with audiences
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms, and creative web-based media software. Proficient in all areas of Microsoft Office
- Values consistent with the mission of a Catholic, Jesuit institution
Application Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled