Position Opening: Campus Prefect
Application Deadline: January 26, 2021
- Supervise students in and out of classrooms during Jesuit’s return of students to campus for hybrid instruction.
- Prefects will be on campus from 7:30 am - 3:00 pm, with 30 minutes for lunch.
- Prefects will be responsible for communicating with faculty members teaching remotely, in a hybrid on-campus environment (ie, 12-16 students in each classroom).
- Prefects will manage the classroom environment for 80 minutes per period, for 3 or 4 periods per day.
- Additional responsibilities include supervising students on campus, including during lunch and at the end of the school day.
- Additional stipends may be available for supervising students after 3:00 pm.
- Potential coaching opportunities may also be available.
Compensation: Daily wage of $160 per day, four days/week.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university,
- Successful background check, fingerprinting, and CARE child-protection program.
- Comfort working in a technology-integrated school environment and ability to keep students focused on instruction being delivered remotely.
- No specific teaching experience is required
As with all positions, Jesuit seeks candidates who care deeply about students, support the school’s Jesuit and Catholic identity, and demonstrate cultural competency and a commitment to fostering an inclusive community.
Application: Please submit a résumé, two references, and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 26, 2021.
For more information, please contact Scott Powers, Vice Principal, at email@example.com or (503) 291-5457.
Position Opening: Athletic Trainer
Application Deadline: January 26, 2021
Jesuit High School has an immediate opening for a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC). The ATC must be available to work a flexible schedule of mostly afternoons and evenings of approximately 30 hours per week, for the period of February 1, 2021 through June 26, 2021. Our long-time ATC is still on campus to provide guidance and support, but is moving full time into the classroom and role as Student Health Coordinator. The ATC we are seeking will be asked to be on campus for practices weekdays from 3:00 pm – 7:30 pm, along with being present for all home athletic contests on weekday evenings and occasional Saturdays. The ATC also needs to be present at all away varsity football games and occasional away playoff games for other sports.
The ATC will work to evaluate, treat and rehabilitate injuries and illnesses of student-athletes in accordance with Jesuit High School policies and procedures and athletic training best practices. The ATC is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of an athletic training room, implementing specific treatment protocols, including therapeutic modalities and rehabilitation programs for individual athletes. The ATC needs to coordinate concussion return-to-play protocols and maintain medical records on appropriate athletes. The ATC will be responsible for communicating with parents, coaches, athletic department staff, physicians and other medical providers as needed about the health status of student-athletes in their care.
Compensation: Hourly wage of $30 per hour.
Requirements: Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Athlete Training Education college or university, hold a national NATA BOC certification, be a registered Athletic Trainer with the State of Oregon, hold a valid driver’s license, and have a current CPR/AED certification. This position requires initiative and someone with a high energy level who can multi-task and be able to work variable hours. For all positions, Jesuit looks for candidates who care about students and demonstrate cultural competency and a commitment to fostering an inclusive community.
Application: Applications are due by January 26, 2021. To receive an application form, contact Mike Hughes, Athletic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 291-5418.