Dates & Deadlines
Current 8th Grade Applicants (JHS Class of 2021)
Admissions Checklist for 8th Graders - Use this checklist to make sure you complete all the admissions steps.
- October 16, 2016 - Open House (1:00-4:00 pm) - All interested families with students in all grade levels are invited.
- October 18, 2016 - January 13, 2017
- Application Materials - Apply online, mail or bring the application with a $65.00 non-refundable fee to the Admissions Office no later than January 13, 2017.
- October 21, 2016 through January 27, 2017
- Shadow Visits to Classrooms – Log into our applicant site to schedule your shadow visit. This feature of our online admissions site will open October 18, 2016 (mid-morning). Please note: JHS hosts student liturgies on the following dates: 10/21, 10/28, 11/18, 12/2, 1/6, and 1/27.
- December 2 (4:00 pm - 7:45 pm - doors open at 3:45 pm) or December 3, 2016 (9:00 am - 12:45 pm - doors open at 8:00 am)
- Placement Test– All applicants to 9th grade must take the Placement Test. Log into our applicant site to sign up for the Placement Test beginning October 18, 2016. There is a $25.00 exam fee that can be paid online.
- Important Note: In the event that inclement weather forces the Placement Test to be canceled, please check the front page of this website under "news" for information and cancellation notice. The same information/cancellation notice can also be found by logging into your online admissions account (review information under "Admissions Office Updates") or by calling 503-291-5423.
- Record Release and Teacher Recommendation Forms – Recommendations will be completed and submitted online this year. A link to the online recommendation system will be sent in early December (via email) to each student who takes the Placement Test at JHS or who submits an application to JHS. Completed recommendations and report cards must be received no later than Wednesday, February 1, 2017
- January 16, 2017 (@ 8 pm) - ***NOTE THAT THIS IS A DATE CHANGE - CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Admission Application Deadline and Financial Aid Application Deadline – Convenient tuition payment plans, loans, and special tuition assistance grants make a Jesuit education financially possible for most families. Applications for tuition assistance can be found on our Financial Aid webpage. The criterion for tuition assistance is based on financial need.
- January 28 or February 4
- Family Interviews – All applicants must attend a Family Interview.
- February 1, 2017
- Transfer student applications are available.
- March 9, 2017 - Notification Letters – All notification letters will be mailed to ninth grade applicants on March 9, 2017. On or before Monday, April 3, 2017, a non-refundable enrollment fee of $1,000.00 is due and will be credited toward next year's tuition.
- April 10, 2017 - Course Selection Evening (7:00 pm)
- April 19 and April 27, 2017 - Math Challenge (3:00-4:00 pm)
- April 20 and April 26, 2017 - World Language Challenge (3:00-4:00 pm)
- May 4, 2017 - New Student/Parent Evening at Jesuit High School (5:00-7:00 pm)
- July 14, 2017 - Payment in full of tuition is due. For more information about tuition payment options, click here.