Dates & Deadlines
Current 8th Grade Applicants (JHS Class of 2020)
Admissions Checklist - Use this checklist to make sure you complete all the admissions steps.
- October 11, 2015 - Open House (1:00-4:00 pm) - All interested families with students in all grade levels are invited.
- October 13, 2015 - January 15, 2016
- Application Materials - Apply online, mail or bring the application with a $65.00 non-refundable fee to the Admissions Office no later than January 15, 2016.
- October 23, 2015 through January 29, 2016
- Shadow Visits to Classrooms – Log into our applicant site to schedule your shadow visit. This feature of our online admissions site will open October 13, 2015 (mid-morning). Please note: JHS hosts student liturgies on the following dates: 10/23, 10/30, 11/13, 11/20, 11/25, 12/4, 1/8, and 1/29.
- December 4 (4:00 pm - 7:45 pm - doors open at 3:45 pm) or December 5, 2015 (9:00 am - 12:45 pm - doors open at 8:00 am)
- Placement Test– All applicants to 9th grade must take the Placement Test. Log into our applicant site to sign up for the Placement Test beginning October 13, 2015. There is a $25.00 exam fee that can be paid online.
- Important Note: In the event that inclement weather forces the Placement Test to be canceled, please check the front page of this website under "news" for information and cancellation notice. The same information/cancellation notice can also be found by logging into your online admissions account (review information under "Admissions Office Updates") or by calling 503-291-5423.
- Record Release and Teacher Recommendation Forms – Recommendations will be completed and submitted online this year. A link to the online recommendation system will be sent in early December (via email) to each student who takes the Placement Test at JHS or who submits an application to JHS. Completed recommendations and report cards must be received no later than Tuesday, February 2, 2016.
- January 15, 2016
- Admission Application Deadline and Financial Aid Application Deadline – Convenient tuition payment plans, loans, and special tuition assistance grants make a Jesuit education financially possible for most families. Applications for tuition assistance can be found on our Financial Aid webpage. The criterion for tuition assistance is based on financial need.
- January 30 or February 6
- February 1, 2016
- Transfer student applications are available.
- March 10, 2016 - Notification Letters – All notification letters will be mailed to ninth grade applicants on March 10, 2016. On or before Friday, April 1, 2016, a non-refundable enrollment fee of $1,000.00 is due and will be credited toward next year's tuition.
- April 11, 2016 - Course Selection Evening (7:00 pm)
- April 20 and April 28, 2016 - Math Challenge (3:00-4:00 pm)
- April 21 and April 27, 2016 - World Language Challenge (3:00-4:00 pm)
- May 5, 2016 - New Student/Parent Evening at Jesuit High School (5:00-7:00 pm)
- July 15, 2016 - Payment in full of tuition is due. For more information about tuition payment options, click here.