Countdown to Graduation Information - Class of 2017
GRADUATION LETTER FROM PRINCIPAL HOGAN TO STUDENTS/PARENTS - May 2017
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
- Senior Class Meeting @ 8:45 am in the Moyer Theater – Information and packets distributed regarding ordering of cap and gowns, announcements, diplomas.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, September 20, September 21, October 7, 2016
- Both Lunches in Knight Center Lobby- Graduation Cap and Gowns, announcements and diploma orders turned in to Jostens representatives.
Monday, October 10, 2016:
- Senior Yearbook Photos in Library all Day - Individual picture times will be posted on senior lockers. Men – Black or dark blue jacket, dress shirt and tie. Women – Black or dark blue top, no cleavage.
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
- Senior Yearbook Photo Retakes - Outside of Chapel 7:30 am-12:30 pm
Monday, January 30, 2017
- Senior Parent Night in Moyer Theater @ 7:00 pm – Information regarding Grad Night
- Online sign-ups and payment are available on the event webpage: www.jesuitportland.org/gradparty.
Wednesday, February 1, 2017:
Wednesday, March 8, 2017:
- Senior Class Meeting in Moyer Theater @ 9:30 am Seniors vote on graduation speakers; Graduation Announcements - distribution
- Didn't order announcements? Contact: Mike and Karen Thul, Sales Representatives, P.O. Box 2350, Clackamas, OR 97015; cell (503) 723-8006; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Week of April 24, 2017:
- Graduation tickets sent home. Ten tickets per student.
Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Senior Awards Assembly in Knight Center Gym 8:35-10:00 am (Parents of seniors are invited).
- Assembly 3 Schedule (Dress-Up Day)
Friday, May 26, 2017:
- Senior Day (Special Schedule)
- 7:45-8:40 am - Period 1
- 8:45-9:40 am - Period 3
- 9:40-9:55 am - Break
- 10:00-10:55 am - Period 5 (freshmen, sophomores, and juniors excused at 11 am)
- 11:00-12:45 pm Senior Mass for seniors, faculty, & staff. Sorry – no parents (Moyer Theatre)
- 12:45 pm Senior Luncheon (Student Center)
- Swimsuit turn-in for Grad Night Party
Monday, May 29, 2017:
- Memorial Day - No Classes
Tuesday – Thursday, May 30-June 1, 2017:
- Senior Final Exams – regular class schedule
Thursday, June 1, 2017:
- Senior locker checkout after school
- iPad return
Friday, June 2, 2017
- Mandatory Graduation Practice 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, University of Portland, Chiles Center. Students provide their own transportation to and from practice.
- This practice is required for all graduates. Seniors who do not participate in practice will not participate in Graduation. Caps and gowns will be distributed.
Saturday, June 3, 2017
- Baccalaureate Mass at 5:30 pm in the Knight Center Gymnasium.
- All are invited. No ticket required. Doors open at 4:30 pm.
- Seniors assemble for Baccalaureate at 5:00 pm in Upper Arrupe (gown only).
Sunday, June 4, 2017
- Commencement Ceremony at 11:00 am at the Chiles Center, University of Portland.
- Doors open for Commencement ceremony at 10:00 am.
- Admission is by ticket only. Seating is on a first come basis; there is no reserved seating.
- Doors open for handicapped and those unable to climb stairs at 9:30 am.
- Seniors arrive at 10:30 am for Commencement with their caps and gowns and assemble in the back hallways of Chiles Center (enter at northwest corner doors).
- Graduates arrive at the Knight Center Lobby for the All-Night Grad Party between 8:30–9:00 pm, Sunday evening. For more information about the Grad Party, please visit the event webpage. Online registration needs to be completed by Friday, April 7, 2017.
- Commencement Ceremony will be filmed. Families can order a DVD by emailing email@example.com
- Each graduate will have a photo taken by professionals as they cross the stage. They will be available for purchase.
REQUIRED ATTIRE FOR SENIOR AWARDS ASSEMBLY, BACCALAUREATE AND COMMENCEMENT: Male students are required to wear dress slacks, dress shirt and tie, and oxford type shoes. Female students are required to wear either dress slacks, a dress or a skirt and blouse, and dress shoes. The graduation gown must be worn at Baccalaureate and the cap and gown must be worn at Commencement. Gowns come folded and extremely wrinkled. They must be pressed before Baccalaureate.
Senior Yearbook: Parent Dedication & Baby Photo
It is a tradition at Jesuit to conclude our yearbook with baby pictures and dedications from parents to Seniors. If you are interested in creating a dedication page for your student, please do so at yearbookforever.com and reference Jesuit High School in Portland. The templates and directions are straightforward. The cost is $50 plus an additional $5 procession fee. The Yearbook staff will accept dedications through January, 2017. Contact Michele Gray with any yearbook questions.
Senior Yearbook and Graduation Photo Order Contact:
1-800-215-2553 (ext. 1)
40390 N. Mississippi Ave., Ste. 201
Portland, OR 97227